Police: Roadblock leads to chargeJanuary 22,2013CHITTENDEN — A 73-year-old man is expected to be arraigned today after he allegedly set up a roadblock on Ice Pond Road.
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint from Christopher M. Clark, 30, and Courtney Clark, 27, both of Chittenden. Police spoke with Glenn H. Delpha, of Chittenden, who allegedly used his pickup — which included a snowplow — to prevent the Clarks from reaching their Ice Pond Road home, according to police.
Investigation revealed Delpha had allegedly engaged in similar behavior Dec. 24, when he used his pickup to prevent the Clarks from leaving their residence. Delpha also allegedly used a shovel to break the windshield and a mirror on the Clarks’ vehicle, police said.
Delpha was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for mental-health screening and evaluation. He is expected to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?