Police: Roadblock leads to chargeJanuary 22,2013CHITTENDEN — A 73-year-old man is expected to be arraigned today after he allegedly set up a roadblock on Ice Pond Road.
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint from Christopher M. Clark, 30, and Courtney Clark, 27, both of Chittenden. Police spoke with Glenn H. Delpha, of Chittenden, who allegedly used his pickup — which included a snowplow — to prevent the Clarks from reaching their Ice Pond Road home, according to police.
Investigation revealed Delpha had allegedly engaged in similar behavior Dec. 24, when he used his pickup to prevent the Clarks from leaving their residence. Delpha also allegedly used a shovel to break the windshield and a mirror on the Clarks’ vehicle, police said.
Delpha was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for mental-health screening and evaluation. He is expected to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.