Roy A. HowkJanuary 24,2013Roy A. Howk
POULTNEY — Roy A. Howk, 64, died Jan. 21, 2013, at his residence.
He was born Aug. 31, 1948, in Rutland, the son of Edward and Katherine (Greene) Howk.
He was a graduate of Poultney High School and enlisted in the U.S. Army serving in the Vietnam era.
Mr. Howk was a short-order cook and bartender for many years, having worked at Perry’s Restaurant, The Hampton House, Sbardella’s, Poultney American Legion and Trak-In Steak House.
He was a member of Poultney American Legion Post #39 and Fair Haven Eagles Club.
He enjoyed making arts and crafts.
Survivors include two brothers, Gary Howk of Fair Haven and Reginald Howk of Florida, and several nieces, nephews and cousins.
Services will be private.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.