Police: More windows shot out todayStaff Report | January 24,2013Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
Police were investigating another report of a widow shot out on of a vehicle Thursday which occurred here on Meadow Street in Rutland. Scott Lafrancois said his driver's side window was shot out about 2:30 pm in daylight. City police were already investigating more that 50 windows shot out by a pellet gun early Wednesday morning.Rutland City Police are investigating reports that more vehicles had windows shot out this afternoon.
Police said around 2:30 p.m. they received a report from a homeowner on Meadow Street that a window in his vehicle had been shot out. Police said they also received a report of a vehicle's window being shot out on Campbell Road.
The latest vandalism reports come a day after windows in more than 50 cars as well as about a dozen homes and a half dozen businesses in the city were shattered by someone using a pellet gun during the early morning hours.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.