Police: More windows shot out todayStaff Report | January 24,2013Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
Police were investigating another report of a widow shot out on of a vehicle Thursday which occurred here on Meadow Street in Rutland. Scott Lafrancois said his driver's side window was shot out about 2:30 pm in daylight. City police were already investigating more that 50 windows shot out by a pellet gun early Wednesday morning.Rutland City Police are investigating reports that more vehicles had windows shot out this afternoon.
Police said around 2:30 p.m. they received a report from a homeowner on Meadow Street that a window in his vehicle had been shot out. Police said they also received a report of a vehicle's window being shot out on Campbell Road.
The latest vandalism reports come a day after windows in more than 50 cars as well as about a dozen homes and a half dozen businesses in the city were shattered by someone using a pellet gun during the early morning hours.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 773-1816.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.