Police: More windows shot out todayStaff Report | January 24,2013Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
Police were investigating another report of a widow shot out on of a vehicle Thursday which occurred here on Meadow Street in Rutland. Scott Lafrancois said his driver's side window was shot out about 2:30 pm in daylight. City police were already investigating more that 50 windows shot out by a pellet gun early Wednesday morning.Rutland City Police are investigating reports that more vehicles had windows shot out this afternoon.
Police said around 2:30 p.m. they received a report from a homeowner on Meadow Street that a window in his vehicle had been shot out. Police said they also received a report of a vehicle's window being shot out on Campbell Road.
The latest vandalism reports come a day after windows in more than 50 cars as well as about a dozen homes and a half dozen businesses in the city were shattered by someone using a pellet gun during the early morning hours.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.