Police: More windows shot out todayStaff Report | January 24,2013Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
Police were investigating another report of a widow shot out on of a vehicle Thursday which occurred here on Meadow Street in Rutland. Scott Lafrancois said his driver's side window was shot out about 2:30 pm in daylight. City police were already investigating more that 50 windows shot out by a pellet gun early Wednesday morning.Rutland City Police are investigating reports that more vehicles had windows shot out this afternoon.
Police said around 2:30 p.m. they received a report from a homeowner on Meadow Street that a window in his vehicle had been shot out. Police said they also received a report of a vehicle's window being shot out on Campbell Road.
The latest vandalism reports come a day after windows in more than 50 cars as well as about a dozen homes and a half dozen businesses in the city were shattered by someone using a pellet gun during the early morning hours.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 773-1816.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.