Mark A. FredetteJanuary 25,2013Mark A. Fredette
NORTH CHITTENDEN — Mark Allen Fredette, 64, died peacefully Wednesday morning, January 23, 2013, of cancer.
He was born November 29, 1948, in Rutland, the son of Yvonne (Davis) and Louis R. Fredette. He lived his entire life in the Rutland area, growing up with good friends and enjoying many adventures.
Mark was an integral part of a joyful and prolonged social scene on Center Street during the ’70s and early-’80s, bartending at Center Street Saloon, the Back Home Café, Petroni’s and Off Center. He was a passionate motorcyclist, golfer, hiker, traveler and lover of the outdoors. He created the Holden General Store in North Chittenden, providing a valued source of community for five-and-a-half years. Most recently, he enjoyed working at Keith’s II in Pittsford.
Mark was predeceased by both parents. He is survived by his wife, Julie; daughter Carrie; sister Shelley; nephew-son Brett Smith and his partner Rosa Walker and their daughter Aster; and extended family and friends.
Mark was a gentle philosopher, a gifted dreamer and a wonderful friend, brother, father, grandfather and husband. He will be missed by many.
A celebration of his life will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at the Barstow Elementary School gym.
Donations, in lieu of flowers, may be made in Mark’s name to Vermont Foodbank, Rutland Area Hospice or Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.