Osmon H. LoveJanuary 25,2013Osmon H. Love
SPRINGFIELD ó Osmon H. Love, 88, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Springfield Hospital.
He was born Aug. 31, 1924, in Alford, Mass., the son of Howard Sr. and Katherine (Coon) Love, and he attended schools in Massachusetts.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict.
On Dec. 26, 1961, Mr. Love married Helen Cussuttica in Copake, N.Y.
He was employed as a machine operator with Pfizer Minerals in Canaan, Conn., for many years, retiring in 1988.
He enjoyed cars and making model cars.
Survivors include his wife of Springfield; four children, Karen Ruane of Long Lake, N.Y., Anthony Love of Keaau, Hawaii, David Love of West Unity, N.H., and Rodney Love of Ludlow; a stepson, Gilbert Klahn Jr., and a sister, Doris Warner, both of Pittsfield, Mass.; 19 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The graveside service will be at a later date in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Heart Association, 434 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.