Patricia A. StewartJanuary 28,2013
Patricia A. StewartPatricia A. Stewart
WALLINGFORD ó Patricia Arlene Stewart, 70, of Wallingford, died Friday morning, January 25, 2013, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a long illness.
She was born on February 23, 1942, in Rutland, the daughter of Alvin and Arlene (Colby) Belcher.
Mrs. Stewart graduated from the Wallingford High School in 1960 and the Sheldon Academy School of Beauty in 1961.
Following her graduation, she was employed for a few years by the Economy Store as manager of the beauty shop until she established Patís Beauty Shop at her home. She operated the shop for over 40 years, retiring in March due to her illness.
She married Stearns L. Stewart on July 21, 1962.
Mrs. Stewart enjoyed doing ceramics, traveling and spending time with her grandchildren.
She was an active member of the Wallingford Alumni Association.
Survivors include her husband of Wallingford; a daughter, Carleen and her husband David Eaton of Tinmouth; two grandchildren, Cantlin Eaton of Winooski and Carson Eaton of Tinmouth; two sisters, Sarah Belcher of East Wallingford and Eathel Holden of Wallingford; a brother, Donald Belcher of East Wallingford; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her parents and a sister, Martha Belcher, in 1941.
A memorial service will be held 1 p.m. Saturday, February 2, at the Roadside Chapel Assembly of God Church, Townline Road, Rutland, Vt.
There will be no calling hours.
Arrangements are by the Wallingford-Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Wallingford Rescue, PO Box 246, Wallingford, VT 05773.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.