BURLINGTON— A Vermont mother and son are going to prison for two years for their roles in embezzling more than a half a million dollars from a mobile home dealer in Colchester.
Gisele Adams of Winooski, the former bookkeeper at Brault’s Mobile Homes, and Joshua Therrien were sentenced Monday in a crime that they blamed on their addiction to opiod painkillers.
Adams is accused of writing checks to Therrien, and his girlfriend, Lynette Fuller, of Colchester, and other unauthorized payees, or making the checks out to cash.
Colchester police started investigating in October of 2011.
A former salesman for Brault’s, Patrick Cortright, of Milton, was sentenced to one year of probation earlier this month.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Fuller is scheduled to be sentenced next week.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — About 200 striking FairPoint workers and their supporters rallied at the Vermont... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.