Helen LoveJanuary 29,2013
Helen LoveHelen Love
SPRINGFIELD — Helen Love, 84, died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at her home.
She was born April 14, 1928, in Copake, N.Y., the daughter of Barney and Anna (Finkle) Cussuttica, and attended local schools.
On Dec. 26, 1961, she married Osmon Love in Copake. Mr. Love predeceased her Jan. 23.
She was employed as a machine operator with Becton Dickinson in Canaan, Conn., for many years, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include five children, Gilbert Klahn Jr. of Pittsfield, Mass., Anthony Love of Keaau, Hawaii, David Love of West Unity, N.H., Rodney Love of Ludlow and Karen Ruane of Long Lake, N.Y.; 19 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The graveside service for Mrs. Love and her husband will be at a later date in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.