Helen LoveJanuary 29,2013
Helen LoveHelen Love
SPRINGFIELD — Helen Love, 84, died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at her home.
She was born April 14, 1928, in Copake, N.Y., the daughter of Barney and Anna (Finkle) Cussuttica, and attended local schools.
On Dec. 26, 1961, she married Osmon Love in Copake. Mr. Love predeceased her Jan. 23.
She was employed as a machine operator with Becton Dickinson in Canaan, Conn., for many years, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include five children, Gilbert Klahn Jr. of Pittsfield, Mass., Anthony Love of Keaau, Hawaii, David Love of West Unity, N.H., Rodney Love of Ludlow and Karen Ruane of Long Lake, N.Y.; 19 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The graveside service for Mrs. Love and her husband will be at a later date in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.