Despina N. LourasJanuary 29,2013Despina N. Louras
Despina N. Louras, 91, of Rutland, died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at Mountain View Center.
She was born in Rutland Oct. 31, 1921, the daughter of Nicholas and Amalia (Alexandrides) Louras.
Ms. Louras was owner of Brandon Cash Market from 1955 to 1991 and was employed at Initial Ideas from 1991 until retiring in 2007.
Survivors include her son, Peter Louras; a granddaughter; four siblings, Antoinette Candello, Marie Frisch, Gus and Nicholas Louras; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by three sisters, Maria Louras, Kuriakoula Carigan, Georgia Bartlett, and a brother, Peter Louras.
There are no calling hours.
A private funeral and burial will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, PO Box 939, Rutland, VT 05702.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.