Despina N. LourasJanuary 29,2013Despina N. Louras
Despina N. Louras, 91, of Rutland, died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at Mountain View Center.
She was born in Rutland Oct. 31, 1921, the daughter of Nicholas and Amalia (Alexandrides) Louras.
Ms. Louras was owner of Brandon Cash Market from 1955 to 1991 and was employed at Initial Ideas from 1991 until retiring in 2007.
Survivors include her son, Peter Louras; a granddaughter; four siblings, Antoinette Candello, Marie Frisch, Gus and Nicholas Louras; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by three sisters, Maria Louras, Kuriakoula Carigan, Georgia Bartlett, and a brother, Peter Louras.
There are no calling hours.
A private funeral and burial will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, PO Box 939, Rutland, VT 05702.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?