Elizabeth J. DwyerJanuary 29,2013Elizabeth J. Dwyer Rites
PROCTOR — A celebration of life service for Elizabeth J. Dwyer, 94, who died Jan. 24, 2013, was held Monday, Jan. 28, at Union Church of Proctor.
The Rev. Chris Heintz, interim pastor, officiated.
Caitlin Canty and Rufus Cushman were soloists.
The eulogy was given by Anita Hughes and Muriel Sedergren.
A reception followed in the church fellowship hall.
Burial will be at a later date in South Street Cemetery in Proctor.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.