Anthony F. AbatiellFebruary 01,2013
Anthony F. AbatiellAnthony F. Abatiell Rites
Funeral services for Anthony F. Abatiell, 73, of Rutland, who died January 24, 2013, were held Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor. Concelebrant was the Rev. Luke Austin.
Musicians were William Gower-Johnson and Ace Leonard. Vocalist was Lori Routhier.
Readers were Sara Hebert-Tully and Bridgette Remington.
Gift bearers were Emme Fairbanks, Angelina Tommola and Sophia Tommola.
Gift of roses were brought to the altar by his grandchildren.
Honorary bearers were James Abatiell Jr., Joseph Giancola, Roger Pike, Matt Valerio, Donald Fairbanks and Michael Wyrostek.
An honor guard included members of the Vermont Bar Association and members of the Knights of Columbus Council #232, 4th degree.
The eulogy was offered by Joe Giancola.
A reception followed at the Palm’s Restaurant.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Christ the King Church, College of St. Joseph’s, Rutland Kiwanis or to Parkinson’s Foundation, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.