Anthony F. AbatiellFebruary 01,2013
Anthony F. AbatiellAnthony F. Abatiell Rites
Funeral services for Anthony F. Abatiell, 73, of Rutland, who died January 24, 2013, were held Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor. Concelebrant was the Rev. Luke Austin.
Musicians were William Gower-Johnson and Ace Leonard. Vocalist was Lori Routhier.
Readers were Sara Hebert-Tully and Bridgette Remington.
Gift bearers were Emme Fairbanks, Angelina Tommola and Sophia Tommola.
Gift of roses were brought to the altar by his grandchildren.
Honorary bearers were James Abatiell Jr., Joseph Giancola, Roger Pike, Matt Valerio, Donald Fairbanks and Michael Wyrostek.
An honor guard included members of the Vermont Bar Association and members of the Knights of Columbus Council #232, 4th degree.
The eulogy was offered by Joe Giancola.
A reception followed at the Palm’s Restaurant.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Christ the King Church, College of St. Joseph’s, Rutland Kiwanis or to Parkinson’s Foundation, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1843, British Naval officer GEORGE LORD PAULET obtains provisional cession of Hawaiian Islands; 1866, miners claim Calaveras skull found found in goldmine is remains of 5 million-year-old Pliocene man.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown