Teenagers plead innocent to slew of charges from vandalism spreeFebruary 04,2013Three teenagers allegedly responsible for a vandalism spree that damaged more than 100 vehicles, businesses and homes in the city late last month pleaded innocent Monday morning to a slew of felony and misdemeanor charges
According to court records, Jacob Ells, 18, of West Rutland, Cade Bowen, 17, of Castleton, and Cody Vanguilder, 17, of West Rutland, appeared in Rutland's criminal court to answer to three counts of felony unlawful mischief, 17 misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.
The trio was arrested Jan. 24 after police said an investigation revealed they were responsible for a rash of vandalism caused by pellet guns resulting in more than $55,000 in damages.
The three teenagers were released on conditions and are expected to be in court again March 4. If convicted, they face up to 33 years of prison time.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.