• Teenagers plead innocent to slew of charges from vandalism spree
    February 04,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Three teenagers allegedly responsible for a vandalism spree that damaged more than 100 vehicles, businesses and homes in the city late last month pleaded innocent Monday morning to a slew of felony and misdemeanor charges

    According to court records, Jacob Ells, 18, of West Rutland, Cade Bowen, 17, of Castleton, and Cody Vanguilder, 17, of West Rutland, appeared in Rutland's criminal court to answer to three counts of felony unlawful mischief, 17 misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.

    The trio was arrested Jan. 24 after police said an investigation revealed they were responsible for a rash of vandalism caused by pellet guns resulting in more than $55,000 in damages.

    The three teenagers were released on conditions and are expected to be in court again March 4. If convicted, they face up to 33 years of prison time.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    BENNINGTON — The Vermont Department of Health has slightly altered its health advisory for PFOA... Full Story
    MOUNT TABOR — Vermont State Police said a two-vehicle crash on Route 7 sent a juvenile female to... Full Story
    Sewer rate will

    remain the same

    CASTLETON — The sewer rate will remain the... Full Story
    More Articles