2 face robbery, stabbing chargesFebruary 04,20132 face robbery,
BRATTLEBORO — Two men are expected to answer charges today after allegedly stabbing and robbing a juvenile male.
Friday, police responded to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital after receiving a report of a youth who had been admitted with a stab wound after being robbed by two men near Elm St, according to police. Police described the juvenile’s injury as “potentially serious, but minor.”
Police said they learned one man had brandished a knife during the assault. An investigation led to the arrest of Anthony Gonzalez, 32, of Brattleboro, and Charles Trowell, 40, of Jersey City, N.J. Gonzalez was held on $5,000 bail, while Trowell — who also had a warrant for his arrest from New Jersey for parole violations — was held on $100,000 bail.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Brattleboro criminal court on robbery and assault charges. Trowel is also charged with being a fugitive from justice and will face extradition to Jersey at a later date.MORE IN This Just InPolice are seeking information about a pair of robberies in Rutland and Wallingford Wednesday night. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.