2 face robbery, stabbing chargesFebruary 04,20132 face robbery,
BRATTLEBORO — Two men are expected to answer charges today after allegedly stabbing and robbing a juvenile male.
Friday, police responded to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital after receiving a report of a youth who had been admitted with a stab wound after being robbed by two men near Elm St, according to police. Police described the juvenile’s injury as “potentially serious, but minor.”
Police said they learned one man had brandished a knife during the assault. An investigation led to the arrest of Anthony Gonzalez, 32, of Brattleboro, and Charles Trowell, 40, of Jersey City, N.J. Gonzalez was held on $5,000 bail, while Trowell — who also had a warrant for his arrest from New Jersey for parole violations — was held on $100,000 bail.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Brattleboro criminal court on robbery and assault charges. Trowel is also charged with being a fugitive from justice and will face extradition to Jersey at a later date.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.