2 face robbery, stabbing chargesFebruary 04,20132 face robbery,
BRATTLEBORO — Two men are expected to answer charges today after allegedly stabbing and robbing a juvenile male.
Friday, police responded to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital after receiving a report of a youth who had been admitted with a stab wound after being robbed by two men near Elm St, according to police. Police described the juvenile’s injury as “potentially serious, but minor.”
Police said they learned one man had brandished a knife during the assault. An investigation led to the arrest of Anthony Gonzalez, 32, of Brattleboro, and Charles Trowell, 40, of Jersey City, N.J. Gonzalez was held on $5,000 bail, while Trowell — who also had a warrant for his arrest from New Jersey for parole violations — was held on $100,000 bail.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Brattleboro criminal court on robbery and assault charges. Trowel is also charged with being a fugitive from justice and will face extradition to Jersey at a later date.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.