2 face robbery, stabbing chargesFebruary 04,20132 face robbery,
BRATTLEBORO — Two men are expected to answer charges today after allegedly stabbing and robbing a juvenile male.
Friday, police responded to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital after receiving a report of a youth who had been admitted with a stab wound after being robbed by two men near Elm St, according to police. Police described the juvenile’s injury as “potentially serious, but minor.”
Police said they learned one man had brandished a knife during the assault. An investigation led to the arrest of Anthony Gonzalez, 32, of Brattleboro, and Charles Trowell, 40, of Jersey City, N.J. Gonzalez was held on $5,000 bail, while Trowell — who also had a warrant for his arrest from New Jersey for parole violations — was held on $100,000 bail.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Brattleboro criminal court on robbery and assault charges. Trowel is also charged with being a fugitive from justice and will face extradition to Jersey at a later date.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.