2 face robbery, stabbing chargesFebruary 04,20132 face robbery,
BRATTLEBORO — Two men are expected to answer charges today after allegedly stabbing and robbing a juvenile male.
Friday, police responded to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital after receiving a report of a youth who had been admitted with a stab wound after being robbed by two men near Elm St, according to police. Police described the juvenile’s injury as “potentially serious, but minor.”
Police said they learned one man had brandished a knife during the assault. An investigation led to the arrest of Anthony Gonzalez, 32, of Brattleboro, and Charles Trowell, 40, of Jersey City, N.J. Gonzalez was held on $5,000 bail, while Trowell — who also had a warrant for his arrest from New Jersey for parole violations — was held on $100,000 bail.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Brattleboro criminal court on robbery and assault charges. Trowel is also charged with being a fugitive from justice and will face extradition to Jersey at a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.