BURLINGTON — The U.S. attorney’s office says four people have been sentenced following their guilty pleas to embezzlement or forgery in the theft of $567,000 from a Vermont mobile home business.
The office sayid three are from Burlington: 54-year-old Gisele Adams; her son, 29-year-old Joshua Therrien; his girlfriend, 24-year-old Lynette Fuller. Also sentenced was 32-year-old Patrick Cortright of Milton.
Prosecutors said Cortright and Adams, both employees of Brault’s Mobile Homes Inc. of Colchester, began stealing from the company in 2008 and used the money to buy prescription painkillers.
Prosecutors said Therrien and Fuller began stealing from Brault’s in 2009.
Adams and Therrien were sentenced to two years in prison; Fuller was sentenced to six months of home confinement. Cortright was sentenced to probation.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.