BURLINGTON — The U.S. attorney’s office says four people have been sentenced following their guilty pleas to embezzlement or forgery in the theft of $567,000 from a Vermont mobile home business.
The office sayid three are from Burlington: 54-year-old Gisele Adams; her son, 29-year-old Joshua Therrien; his girlfriend, 24-year-old Lynette Fuller. Also sentenced was 32-year-old Patrick Cortright of Milton.
Prosecutors said Cortright and Adams, both employees of Brault’s Mobile Homes Inc. of Colchester, began stealing from the company in 2008 and used the money to buy prescription painkillers.
Prosecutors said Therrien and Fuller began stealing from Brault’s in 2009.
Adams and Therrien were sentenced to two years in prison; Fuller was sentenced to six months of home confinement. Cortright was sentenced to probation.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.