BURLINGTON — The U.S. attorney’s office says four people have been sentenced following their guilty pleas to embezzlement or forgery in the theft of $567,000 from a Vermont mobile home business.
The office sayid three are from Burlington: 54-year-old Gisele Adams; her son, 29-year-old Joshua Therrien; his girlfriend, 24-year-old Lynette Fuller. Also sentenced was 32-year-old Patrick Cortright of Milton.
Prosecutors said Cortright and Adams, both employees of Brault’s Mobile Homes Inc. of Colchester, began stealing from the company in 2008 and used the money to buy prescription painkillers.
Prosecutors said Therrien and Fuller began stealing from Brault’s in 2009.
Adams and Therrien were sentenced to two years in prison; Fuller was sentenced to six months of home confinement. Cortright was sentenced to probation.MORE IN Vermont NewsSOUTH BURLINGTON — Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott Milne is proposing using state funds... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.