BURLINGTON — The U.S. attorney’s office says four people have been sentenced following their guilty pleas to embezzlement or forgery in the theft of $567,000 from a Vermont mobile home business.
The office sayid three are from Burlington: 54-year-old Gisele Adams; her son, 29-year-old Joshua Therrien; his girlfriend, 24-year-old Lynette Fuller. Also sentenced was 32-year-old Patrick Cortright of Milton.
Prosecutors said Cortright and Adams, both employees of Brault’s Mobile Homes Inc. of Colchester, began stealing from the company in 2008 and used the money to buy prescription painkillers.
Prosecutors said Therrien and Fuller began stealing from Brault’s in 2009.
Adams and Therrien were sentenced to two years in prison; Fuller was sentenced to six months of home confinement. Cortright was sentenced to probation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.