Nancy L. McMillanFebruary 05,2013Nancy L. McMillan
JAFFREY, N.H. — Nancy Lynn McMillan, 47, of Jaffrey, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday, January 28, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on December 4, 1965, in Rahway, New Jersey, daughter of the late Charles and Anne (Norton) McMillan.
Nancy graduated in 1983 from Springfield High School in Vermont and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1987. She then went on to work in the food service business.
Nancy had been a longtime resident of the Monadnock area.
She had a passion for food service work and was employed with Sodexo Inc. at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, where she worked for 27 years in the Dining Commons. She had a strong passion for helping others and used her knowledge of food catering as a hobby.
Nancy had a great love for animals, including her horses and her beloved cats, and was an avid collector and recycler.
Nancy will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her brother, Jim McMillan, of Norwalk, CT; her sisters, Jamie McMillan of San Antonio, TX, Kathleen Walseth and her husband, Jim, of Portland, OR, Jeanne Sharretts and her husband, Bret, of Morristown, NJ, Barbara Young and her husband, Peter, of Orwell, VT, and Cindy L. Perkins and her husband, Matt, of Laurel, MD; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by her mother in 2010 and her father in 1984.
Family and friends will honor and remember Nancy’s life by gathering on Saturday, February 9, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cournoyer Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 33 River St. (Route 202 South), Jaffrey, N.H.
A brief service will be conducted in the chapel of the funeral home at 3 p.m.
Burial will take place in spring at the convenience of the family.
The family has requested that you honor Nancy’s memory with a contribution, in lieu of flowers, to the NH SPCA, SOS Fund, PO Box 196, Stratham, NH 03885.
To view an online memorial, send a condolence to Nancy’s family or for more information, please visit www.cournoyerfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,