Nancy L. McMillanFebruary 05,2013Nancy L. McMillan
JAFFREY, N.H. — Nancy Lynn McMillan, 47, of Jaffrey, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday, January 28, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on December 4, 1965, in Rahway, New Jersey, daughter of the late Charles and Anne (Norton) McMillan.
Nancy graduated in 1983 from Springfield High School in Vermont and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1987. She then went on to work in the food service business.
Nancy had been a longtime resident of the Monadnock area.
She had a passion for food service work and was employed with Sodexo Inc. at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, where she worked for 27 years in the Dining Commons. She had a strong passion for helping others and used her knowledge of food catering as a hobby.
Nancy had a great love for animals, including her horses and her beloved cats, and was an avid collector and recycler.
Nancy will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her brother, Jim McMillan, of Norwalk, CT; her sisters, Jamie McMillan of San Antonio, TX, Kathleen Walseth and her husband, Jim, of Portland, OR, Jeanne Sharretts and her husband, Bret, of Morristown, NJ, Barbara Young and her husband, Peter, of Orwell, VT, and Cindy L. Perkins and her husband, Matt, of Laurel, MD; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by her mother in 2010 and her father in 1984.
Family and friends will honor and remember Nancy’s life by gathering on Saturday, February 9, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cournoyer Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 33 River St. (Route 202 South), Jaffrey, N.H.
A brief service will be conducted in the chapel of the funeral home at 3 p.m.
Burial will take place in spring at the convenience of the family.
The family has requested that you honor Nancy’s memory with a contribution, in lieu of flowers, to the NH SPCA, SOS Fund, PO Box 196, Stratham, NH 03885.
To view an online memorial, send a condolence to Nancy’s family or for more information, please visit www.cournoyerfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.