Terriers girls edge MSJFebruary 06,2013GIRLS BASKETBALL
Bellows Falls 40 MSJ 39
WESTMINSTER — Chelsea Wilder hit a free throw with a second to play to lift Bellows Falls over MSJ 40-39 in a Marble Valley League thriller on Tuesday night.
Wilder finished with 11 points, Emily Dufault had 13 and Enny Mustapha 10 for the Terriers, who imptoved to 4-8. They will host Fall Mountain on Thursday.
Alex Reedy led the 6-8 Mounties with 12 points, followed by Claire Schmelzenbach with 10 and Monica Schmelzenbach with nine.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.