Ludlow Winter Carnival kicks off ThursdayFebruary 06,2013Winter Carnival kicks of Thursday
LUDLOW — The third annual Lovin’ Ludlow Winter Carnival is back, according to event organizers.
Festivities kick off Thursday and include a variety of activities and exhibits. There will be snow sculptures, scavenger hunts, kids’ fun races, family fun races, sledding, Warren Miller ski films, wine tastings, ice skating, a ski and snowboard fashion show, a Texas Hold’em poker tournament, an ugly sweater contest, fireworks, a chowder contest and more.
For more information call Liz Crowley at 558-5691 or 228-5830, email email@example.com or visit www.yourplaceinvermont.com. The winter carnival ends Saturday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,