Ludlow Winter Carnival kicks off ThursdayFebruary 06,2013Winter Carnival kicks of Thursday
LUDLOW — The third annual Lovin’ Ludlow Winter Carnival is back, according to event organizers.
Festivities kick off Thursday and include a variety of activities and exhibits. There will be snow sculptures, scavenger hunts, kids’ fun races, family fun races, sledding, Warren Miller ski films, wine tastings, ice skating, a ski and snowboard fashion show, a Texas Hold’em poker tournament, an ugly sweater contest, fireworks, a chowder contest and more.
For more information call Liz Crowley at 558-5691 or 228-5830, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.yourplaceinvermont.com. The winter carnival ends Saturday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.