$340 million worth
of cocaine seized
MADRID Spanish police have seized 4.5 tons of cocaine with an estimated street value of $340 million the biggest confiscation of the drug arriving to the nation since 2001.
The Civil Guard said Wednesday the drugs were at a warehouse in the eastern city of Elche. Three Spaniards running a front company from the location were arrested.
The company imported leather from Colombia, and Civil Guard said cocaine was inside six shipping containers of leather that arrived Feb. 1.
The drugs were destined for distribution in Spain and Europe. Police raided 16 places linked to those arrested, seizing weapons that were not described and six luxury vehicles.MORE IN Wire NewsJOHANNESBURG South Africans erupted in song, dance and tears on Friday in public and emotional... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation