CSC to show arts documentaryFebruary 07,2013Arts documentary
today in Castleton
CASTLETON — Castleton State College will present the film “The Gates,” a documentary about the 26-year journey to bring the largest public art project to New York City, at 6:30 p.m. today in the Casella Theater.
The Albert and David Maysles-directed documentary follows avant-garde artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude who installed 7,500 orange-curtained arches through miles of Central Park in February 2005.
The filmmakers and the artists faced decades of bureaucratic red tape and would ultimately shape questions around how we define and pay for art.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 468-1119.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.