Julie F. CooperFebruary 08,2013
Julie F. CooperJulie F. Cooper
Julie Fairchild Cooper, 76, of Rutland, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born April 24, 1936, in Rutland, the daughter of William Warren and Christine Marguerite (Germond) Fairchild.
She graduated in 1957 from the Krouse School of Music of Syracuse University.
Mrs. Cooper was educated as a teacher and employed by various boards of education. She also worked as a machinist in the General Electric Aircraft Engine Group.
She was a member of Grace Congregational United Church of Christ, the ham radio-(KB1APN) Green Mountain Wireless Club and Wireless Women of Vermont.
She enjoyed volunteer work at her church, the Community Cupboard, and as a teacher at Rutland Correctional Facility.
Survivors include a brother, William Fairchild of Schenectady, N.Y., nieces and nephews.
Mrs. Cooper was predeceased by her husband, Peter I. Cooper, in 2010.
The memorial service will be held at a later date. There will be no calling hours.
Memorial contributions may be made to Grace Congregational United Church of Christ, 8 Court St., Rutland, VT 05701; or Rutland County Humane Society, 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.