Student charged with kidnap, assaultsFebruary 08,2013Student charged with kidnap, assaults
BRATTLEBORO — A 21-year-old student at the Austine School for the Deaf will be arraigned Friday on charges of kidnapping and aggravated assault for attacking a woman at the school.
Brattleboro police said Timothy P. Carroll of Massachusetts, who lived at the school, locked a 43-year-old woman in an office and choked her.
Carroll was arrested and held at the state prison in Springfield, pending his arraignment in criminal court in Brattleboro.
The Austine School is a boarding and day school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Vermont and surrounding states.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish like to gather around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.