Student charged with kidnap, assaultsFebruary 08,2013Student charged with kidnap, assaults
BRATTLEBORO — A 21-year-old student at the Austine School for the Deaf will be arraigned Friday on charges of kidnapping and aggravated assault for attacking a woman at the school.
Brattleboro police said Timothy P. Carroll of Massachusetts, who lived at the school, locked a 43-year-old woman in an office and choked her.
Carroll was arrested and held at the state prison in Springfield, pending his arraignment in criminal court in Brattleboro.
The Austine School is a boarding and day school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Vermont and surrounding states.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.