MONTPELIER — A Vermont lawmaker whose district would be affected by the possible basing of a new fighter jet in the Burlington area is proposing a legislative resolution against it.
Rep. George Cross is a Democrat representing Winooski, a small city in the flight path into and out of the Burlington International Airport where the F-35 fighter jet would be based.
Cross says his resolution has 30 cosponsors and he hopes to garner more support from lawmakers around Vermont.
Supporters of the F-35 being housed with the Vermont Air National Guard say it would be an economic growth engine for northwestern Vermont.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation