5 years in jail for heroin chargesFebruary 09,2013Five-year jail term
for heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO — A Connecticut man has been sentenced to serve five years in prison for selling heroin.
Jesse Anderson of Hartford pleaded guilty last month to three counts of heroin sale or delivery. He was arrested in September following an investigation that resulted in police-controlled purchases of 91 bags of heroin.
Court documents say police used a “cooperating individual” to set up an initial drug buy in August from a man they knew only as “Country,” according to the Brattleboro Reformer. He was later identified as the 33-year-old Anderson.
Police said the deal was supposed to be for 20 bags of heroin, but the informant returned with only 18. The informant then returned to “Country,” who apologized by offering three more bags.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.