5 years in jail for heroin chargesFebruary 09,2013Five-year jail term
for heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO — A Connecticut man has been sentenced to serve five years in prison for selling heroin.
Jesse Anderson of Hartford pleaded guilty last month to three counts of heroin sale or delivery. He was arrested in September following an investigation that resulted in police-controlled purchases of 91 bags of heroin.
Court documents say police used a “cooperating individual” to set up an initial drug buy in August from a man they knew only as “Country,” according to the Brattleboro Reformer. He was later identified as the 33-year-old Anderson.
Police said the deal was supposed to be for 20 bags of heroin, but the informant returned with only 18. The informant then returned to “Country,” who apologized by offering three more bags.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.