Josephine RotellaFebruary 11,2013Josephine Rotella Rites
The funeral service for Josephine Rotella, 98, of Rutland, who died Jan. 31, 2013, was held Saturday, Feb. 9, at St. Peter Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
Elise Cassarino was the vocalist. John Riddle was the organist.
Bearers were Gary, William, Michael and Dylan Rotella, Steve, Sean and Kyle Ballard.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; Mount St. Joseph Academy Rotella Scholarship Fund, 127 Convent Ave., Rutland, VT 05701; Sicilian-American Society Scholarship Fund, PO Box 6494, Rutland, VT 05702-6494.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.