Josephine RotellaFebruary 11,2013Josephine Rotella Rites
The funeral service for Josephine Rotella, 98, of Rutland, who died Jan. 31, 2013, was held Saturday, Feb. 9, at St. Peter Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
Elise Cassarino was the vocalist. John Riddle was the organist.
Bearers were Gary, William, Michael and Dylan Rotella, Steve, Sean and Kyle Ballard.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; Mount St. Joseph Academy Rotella Scholarship Fund, 127 Convent Ave., Rutland, VT 05701; Sicilian-American Society Scholarship Fund, PO Box 6494, Rutland, VT 05702-6494.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.