Edna B. FentonFebruary 12,2013
Edna B. FentonEdna B. Fenton
Edna Baird Fenton, 95, formerly of Rutland Town, died Feb. 5, 2013, at the Loretto Home in Rutland.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in Orwell.
She received nursing training at Jersey City Hospital, later earning a bachelorís degree from the University of Vermont.
Mrs. Fenton worked as a nurse at Rutland Hospital for many years.
After retirement, she enjoyed worldwide travel and summers at York Beach, Maine.
Survivors include her son, Charles, of Hartland.
She was predeceased by her husband, Edward Fenton, in 1974.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Catholic Charities (www.vermontcatholic.org) or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (www.ravnah.org).
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.