Edna B. FentonFebruary 12,2013
Edna B. FentonEdna B. Fenton
Edna Baird Fenton, 95, formerly of Rutland Town, died Feb. 5, 2013, at the Loretto Home in Rutland.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in Orwell.
She received nursing training at Jersey City Hospital, later earning a bachelorís degree from the University of Vermont.
Mrs. Fenton worked as a nurse at Rutland Hospital for many years.
After retirement, she enjoyed worldwide travel and summers at York Beach, Maine.
Survivors include her son, Charles, of Hartland.
She was predeceased by her husband, Edward Fenton, in 1974.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Catholic Charities (www.vermontcatholic.org) or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (www.ravnah.org).
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.