Bennington store sells $10,000 lottery ticketFebruary 12,2013Store sells winning ticket
BENNINGTON — Vermont Lottery officials announced Monday that a $10,000 Mega Millions ticket was sold at Stewart’s Ice Cream in Bennington.
The winning ticket matched four out of five numbers plus the Mega Ball for the Feb. 8 drawing.
Lottery officials said the manager of the store, John Lybert, said it was “really great” that the store sold a winning ticket.
“I’m very surprised and wish it were me,” Lybert said.
There was no winner Friday. Today’s jackpot is estimated at $13 million.
Vermont Lottery games are sold at almost 700 locations throughout the state. For information on lottery games and on-line game draw results, visit the website at www.vtlottery.com.
According to lottery officials, all profits are used to support the Vermont Education Fund. Those who play are asked to do so “a little and ... responsibly.”MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.