Bennington store sells $10,000 lottery ticketFebruary 12,2013Store sells winning ticket
BENNINGTON — Vermont Lottery officials announced Monday that a $10,000 Mega Millions ticket was sold at Stewart’s Ice Cream in Bennington.
The winning ticket matched four out of five numbers plus the Mega Ball for the Feb. 8 drawing.
Lottery officials said the manager of the store, John Lybert, said it was “really great” that the store sold a winning ticket.
“I’m very surprised and wish it were me,” Lybert said.
There was no winner Friday. Today’s jackpot is estimated at $13 million.
Vermont Lottery games are sold at almost 700 locations throughout the state. For information on lottery games and on-line game draw results, visit the website at www.vtlottery.com.
According to lottery officials, all profits are used to support the Vermont Education Fund. Those who play are asked to do so “a little and ... responsibly.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?