Bennington store sells $10,000 lottery ticketFebruary 12,2013Store sells winning ticket
BENNINGTON — Vermont Lottery officials announced Monday that a $10,000 Mega Millions ticket was sold at Stewart’s Ice Cream in Bennington.
The winning ticket matched four out of five numbers plus the Mega Ball for the Feb. 8 drawing.
Lottery officials said the manager of the store, John Lybert, said it was “really great” that the store sold a winning ticket.
“I’m very surprised and wish it were me,” Lybert said.
There was no winner Friday. Today’s jackpot is estimated at $13 million.
Vermont Lottery games are sold at almost 700 locations throughout the state. For information on lottery games and on-line game draw results, visit the website at www.vtlottery.com.
According to lottery officials, all profits are used to support the Vermont Education Fund. Those who play are asked to do so “a little and ... responsibly.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.