Bennington store sells $10,000 lottery ticketFebruary 12,2013Store sells winning ticket
BENNINGTON — Vermont Lottery officials announced Monday that a $10,000 Mega Millions ticket was sold at Stewart’s Ice Cream in Bennington.
The winning ticket matched four out of five numbers plus the Mega Ball for the Feb. 8 drawing.
Lottery officials said the manager of the store, John Lybert, said it was “really great” that the store sold a winning ticket.
“I’m very surprised and wish it were me,” Lybert said.
There was no winner Friday. Today’s jackpot is estimated at $13 million.
Vermont Lottery games are sold at almost 700 locations throughout the state. For information on lottery games and on-line game draw results, visit the website at www.vtlottery.com.
According to lottery officials, all profits are used to support the Vermont Education Fund. Those who play are asked to do so “a little and ... responsibly.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.