Bennington store sells $10,000 lottery ticketFebruary 12,2013Store sells winning ticket
BENNINGTON — Vermont Lottery officials announced Monday that a $10,000 Mega Millions ticket was sold at Stewart’s Ice Cream in Bennington.
The winning ticket matched four out of five numbers plus the Mega Ball for the Feb. 8 drawing.
Lottery officials said the manager of the store, John Lybert, said it was “really great” that the store sold a winning ticket.
“I’m very surprised and wish it were me,” Lybert said.
There was no winner Friday. Today’s jackpot is estimated at $13 million.
Vermont Lottery games are sold at almost 700 locations throughout the state. For information on lottery games and on-line game draw results, visit the website at www.vtlottery.com.
According to lottery officials, all profits are used to support the Vermont Education Fund. Those who play are asked to do so “a little and ... responsibly.”MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.