BURLINGTON — Vermont fire investigators say an early morning fire in a vacant Burlington apartment was arson.
While the apartment on Ethan Allen Parkway was vacant, three other apartments in the same building were occupied when one tenant called 911 at 5:15 a.m. Tuesday after hearing a smoke alarm go off in the empty apartment.
The families in the three apartments left the building, but they were allowed to return a short time later after firefighters extinguished the fire.
Investigators, along with a police dog, investigated and determined the fire was deliberately set.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation